CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

home update

We signed a lease to purchase agreement with a family on our house and they are moving in this coming weekend! Yipee!!!!!! We feel really good about it and of course hope everything goes as planned. The contract is set for them to lease and then purchase the home in November. We have prayed and fasted quite a bit and have felt really good about the decision made, so we cross our fingers that it all goes well and as planned! We know it has some risk involved, but what else are we to do!?!! Our poor home has been empty since the 1st of Oct.!!! The family moving in love the area and location of the house, not to mention the fact that their best friends are in the ward. We are really happy right now, still a little uncomfortable until November comes and the home is actually purchased, but overall, walking around these past few days with smiles!
We are still planning on staying with Chris' parents until November so we can save and take a little time to get back on our feet. They have been so great to let us take over atleast 80% of their home. They have been such a huge blessing to us.
Chris has done an amazing job. He listed it as a lease to purchase 2 weeks ago and wasn't quite expecting the overwhelming responses! He handled everything beautifully and did a great job screening and doing all of the paper work. Thanks Honey!!!
NOW IT"S TIME TO CROSS OUR FINGERS TILL NOVEMBER!!!

14 comments:

Clements Family said...

I am happy for you that you finally have your house taken care of...what a relief. We were actually just talking about it yesterday! I feel horrible, we did get your valentine's...I honestly thought I said something, but I think I have also lost my mind! The boys were so excited and loved them! You are such a good mom! When you are here in May, you have to call us and get together, and you can come see the baby! I actually am going to ask my doctor if the baby doesn't come sooner, if I can be induced on the 22nd. So then it will be on your birthday! YEA!

Gleason Family said...

Soooo excited for you about the house situation. What a huuuge stress lifted! Hope to see you guys at the library tomorrow...

Jenner said...

hey lady, so fun to hang out with you and your two cute kids on monday. sorry we were coughing all over the place. it was about time we had kennedi and nixon meet! :)i'm glad you found someone to move into your place in UT.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Who wouldn't fall in love with your house after living in it! You guys fixed it up so cute!

Michelle said...

Hooray for houses that sell/lease! Hooray for bygone stress! Hooray for helpful husbands! Hooray for answers to prayers!

The McBrides said...

Congradulations Brooke! I was so thrilled to see that when i logged on tonight! We will have to celebrate... how bout monday!

Errin said...

I'm so glad to hear everything worked out. I was hoping you would move back to Utah. We just miss you guys. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. It would be better if you were here, but I'm glad for you. How are your cute kids doing?

Rocia said...

brooke, email neal @ thomsonfam@gmail.com and he'll add you on his blog.

Melissa said...

Wow, that is a HUGE relief for you guys! I hope everything works out!!

Abes and Stace said...

I am so glad things are finally working out for you with regards to the house! I hope the lease goes well and the sell goes through in Nov. so you can put it all behind you and move on!! I am just happy we have blogs and email so we can keep in touch even though we live in different states. I think we keep in touch better now than when we lived so close. That's terrible, but such is life. Happy Easter!

buchanancasa said...

That's terrific, Brooke! What a load off your mind. I'm so happy for you.

Jamie said...

I just had to tell you it is so weird seeing someone else living in your house!!! A good weird...you probably know but they have a 5 year old and 2 year old, so they fit right in. We just MISS you guys! Taylor was talking about Nixon the other day while we were all outside. So WEIRD that your not here. Hope all is good.

Mark said...

We should try to get together when Julie comes into town this weekend!
Jenny