CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

CONFESSIONS OF A MOMMY BLOGGER



I highly recommend the Wonder Time magazine. I've been getting it for a couple years now and really enjoy the articles and advice given. OKAY... my point in this..... February's issue is great! One of my favorites! They have an article on "mommy bloggers"! Hey, that's us!

One husband asked his wife if she ever worries about being stalked and the wife's reply was great... "The only people who stalk me wear dirty nursing bras and mashed yams. They are, in other words, my people."

Another blogger mom wrote: "I go through my day in a kind of 'compose post' mode, where I'm actively selecting words to describe my children- their beauty, their quirkiness, their inner lives- and that process helps me to see them, to be mindfull of who they are. writing gives me a way to step back and really see it. To watch my kids and feel the gratitude flood through my veins. To connect the dots and tell the story how I really feel it, even though there are a million true ways to tell any story."

So, I thought that was nice to hear. I know we all feel like there is something we really should be doing besides blogging, but hey... being a parent is frustratingly difficult and blindingly beautiful at the same time. Blogs remind us to celebrate the beautiful and that we're not alone in the difficult! GO MOMMY and DADDY BLOGGERS!

p.s. Wonder Time (Feb. issue) has a great article on the 5 reigning philosophies of education. REALLY GREAT!!!! It is called "Shopping for a preshool?" ENJOY!!!!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Huh...I have never heard of that magazine before, I guess I'll have to check it out. So, we were just looking at your slide show, me, Taylor, and Chase, and Chase totally remembers Nixon! And that made me sad thinking about when it's all nice and warm and the kids can go out and play and you guys won't be here! I guess that means you'll have to come for a visit!

Michelle said...

hey, i like your post of words and not pictures. i should try that some time, but probably no time soon. because in as much time as it takes to load the fifty pictures i have on each post, it would take twice as long to think of words to express myself. will i ever have my brain back?

Jamie said...

Hey Brooke, I have the Nikon D40 and I LOVE it! I am going to start taking a photo class in Febuary. I'm so excited I can't wait!

buchanancasa said...

Brooke, my neighbor just gave me your Christmas card today. Apparently it was delivered to her house (the mail lady is nuts) after we left for CA for Christmas and she forgot it in a drawer. Thank you! Your family always looks so stunning.

Walnut said...

Blog for life. represent.



Hey, its Wally. Nice blog site. You've been added to our list.
roskelleysfatblog.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

hey, you didn't come out with your hubby! man.

Jenner said...

hey lady! so fun you found my blog! we should get together-where are you living? now we can keep in touch so easy!

April said...

THat is awesome! I am right there with the mommy bloggers... it's our way to vedge and vent! That magazine sounds great!

Cathi said...

Blogging is so awesome, it's irritating that everyone doesn't do it. I actually have added a list to my blog of people who I wish would make a blog....a little pressure doesn't hurt! You're so right about blogging making you look at life differently, I think I cherish them more than ever now!!